Is your Acer monitor working at any cost? Click here to find out how to turn on the Acer monitor effortlessly.
On plugging in the power cable, you expect the monitor to display the content to get the work done. If everything seems fine, the content will display within seconds. However, things can be different if there is a malfunction.
The Acer monitor has three buttons located at the bottom of it. The Power button will turn on and off your monitor. The Menu button is used to navigate through your menu settings and change display settings, such as brightness, colors, etc. The third button is labeled Source and it changes what device you are using to connect to your monitor (i.e. HDMI or VGA).
If you’re having trouble turning on your Acer monitor, there could be a few reasons why. To help troubleshoot why your Acer monitor isn’t turning on, we’ve put together some tips below:
The power cord may not be plugged in correctly. Try plugging it into another outlet and then try turning it back on again. If that doesn’t work, try unplugging all other devices from that outlet and plugging in just your computer to see if that fixes the problem.
If none of those solutions work for you, then check to make sure that all cables are connected properly between your computer and monitor as well as any other devices like speakers or a printer that may be connected.
Here is the step-by-step process for those who don’t know how to turn on the Acer monitor.
- Plugin the power cable in the socket and wait for the power supply.
- Press the power ON button and wait for a few seconds.
- Notice the LED light will flash on the proper power supply.
- Notice if there is any beeping sound or fan noise.
- It will take a few seconds to display the content.
It is the basic approach to turn on the Acer monitor.
Reasons for Acer monitor not working
Before blaming the manufacturer and concluding the product as the worst investment, know the reasons why it is not working. Following are the possible reasons for the malfunction and ways to fix the error.
Check the power
- Plugin the power cord in the socket and press the power button.
- If the monitor flashes the light, it is receiving power. If not, there is no power supply.
- Try switching the socket to make sure it is working adequately.
Check the cables
- First, make sure the cables are well connected. If the connection is loose, the signal will drop continuously.
- Check for cuts. If there is any, tape the section or replace the cord.
- If the cable seems all fine, try using it with another device. If it works, there is a problem with the monitor. If not, change the cord.
Reset the settings
- Factory reset the settings if the Acer monitor doesn’t work even after checking the power supply and cables.
- Press and hold the OSD button to launch the factory reset option.
- Press and hold the menu button, then navigate to the System Setup.
- Once the menu pops us the Factory Reset option, click on yes.
- It will take a while to get things done.
- Give the PC a reset and try switching it on.
Update graphics card
- PC necessitates up-to-date drivers and software. The outdated driver can be the reason behind this malfunction, little did you know.
- Switch off the power connection and remove the old graphics card.
- Add the newly bought graphics card and close the case.
- Power on the PC and what for the results.
- The dust particles entering the monitor from vents clog the power compartment, little did you know.
- Use a screwdriver and remove the casing.
- Use a hairdryer to remove the clogged debris.
- Once done, use a lint-free fabric to give a smooth last touch clean.
- Put the case back and power on the monitor.
What if no image appears on the screen and I hear sound from the computer?
Try pressing any key on your keyboard. If that doesn’t work, unplug and then plug in your Acer monitor again. If you still don’t see an image or hear sound from your computer, try connecting another device to it. If you still don’t see an image or hear sound from your computer, contact a qualified service technician for help.
What if my Acer monitor has vertical/horizontal bars, lines, waves or images that are distorted, discolored, brightened or dark in color or black
- Connect your monitor to another computer to see if you have a problem with your video card or computer instead of your monitor.
- Make sure that you are using an AC adapter and not a battery if you are on a laptop.
- Make sure that all connections and cables between your PC, video card, and monitor are secure (re-seat them).
- Try adjusting your display resolution and refresh rate settings in Windows (in Control Panel) – these adjustments can fix screen problems on most monitors
- If your Acer monitor is still under warranty, contact Acer for further troubleshooting advice. If it is out of warranty, you may need to purchase a new one.
- If none of these steps work then try unplugging your Acer monitor for about 30 seconds then plug it back in and turn it on again and see if that resolves your issue.
Every home-used electric device demands proper cleaning and maintenance to keep the performance on the track. Million-dollar advice; make sure the power cables are okay, the monitor is cleaned, and graphics cards are up-to-date.